Since human history, oncology has been a life-threatening condition. In Tibetan Medicine, for over a millennium there have been distinctions between benign and malignant tumors; with an extensive teaching on the causes, symptoms, natural ways of treatment, and prevention.
Basic psychological issues are related to the pathology of the three humors, as our mind is strongly connected to our inner energy. The mind and body are inseparably linked. The study of the mind, its structure and functions helps us to understand and facilitate healing. The Tibetan science of mind is well known from Buddhism, and its profound systems of cultivation. Here, the perspective will be medical, addressing mental issues from the physical, energetic, and spiritual perspective. This will include training on the nature of mind, thoughts, emotions and emotional blockages. More serious mental disorders such as schizophrenia are often believed to be connected to supernatural influences, where certain spiritual healing practices are used.
The course block consists of two modules with the following content:4.2.1 Neoplastic Disorders (2.5 days)
4.2.2 Psychiatry (2.5 days)
- Etiology, diagnostics and treatment of general neoplastic disorders
- Specific causes and conditions of specific neoplastic disorders
- Signs and symptoms of specific neoplastic disorders
- Treatment of specific neoplastic disorders
- Etiology, diagnostics and treatment of mental retardation, behavior and personality disorders
- Etiology, diagnostics and treatment of psychotic disorders
- Etiology, diagnostics and treatment of dementia
- Etiology, diagnostics and treatment of epilepsy and organic psychological disorders
- Etiology, diagnostics and treatment of neurotic and psychosomatic disorders !